- Afro-Asian Entanlement: Migration and Agency in a Globalising World, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, forthcoming (co-edited with Scarlett Cornelissen)
- What Colonialism Ignored: ‘African Potentials’ for Resolving Conflicts in Southern Africa, Mankon, Bamenda: Langaa RPCIG, 2016 (co-edited with Sam Moyo)
- ‘Embracing human security: New directions of Japan’s ODA in the 21st century’, in Yasutami Shimomura et al. eds, Japan’s Development Assistance: Foreign Aid and the Post-2015 Agenda, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015, (co-authored with Sachiko G. Kamidohzono and Oscar A. Gómez).
- ‘Bridging state and local communities in fragile states: Subnational institutions as a strategic focus to restore state legitimacy”, in Laurence Chandy et al. eds, The Last Mile: In Ending Extreme Poverty, Washington, D.C.: Brookings Institution, 2015 (co-authored with Ryutaro Murotani).
- Preventing Violent Conflict in Africa: Inequalities, Perceptions and Institutions, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013 (co-edited with Frances Stewart, Sakiko Fukuda-Parr and Thandika Mkandawire)
- Good Practices in Addressing Human Security: Through Human Development Reports, New York: UNDP Human Development Report Office, 2013, (co-authored with Oscar A. Gómez and Des Gasper).
- ‘Downside Risks and Human Security’, in Giorgio Shani et al. eds, Protecting Human Security in a Post 9/11 World: Critical and Global Insights, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
- ‘The Political Element in the Works of W. Arthur Lewis: The 1954 Lewis Model and African Development’, The Developing Economies, Vol. 44, No. 3, 2006, pp. 329-55.