- Yamada, Shoko (2016)(Ed). Post-Education-For-All and Sustainable Development Paradigm: Structural change and diversifying actors and norms. London: Emerald Publishing. pp. 392.
- Yamada, Shoko (2014). “Domesticating Democracy? Civic and Ethical Education textbooks in Secondary Schools in the democratization Period of Ethiopia” in Williams, James H. (ed). (Re)Building Memory: School Textbooks, Identity, and the Pedagogies and Politics of Imagining Community. pp. 35-59. Sense Publishing.
- Yamada, Shoko (2009). “‘Traditions’ and Cultural Production: Character Training at the Achimota School in Colonial Ghana”. History of Education. Vol. 38, No.1, pp. 29-59. Taylor and Francis.
- Yamada, Shoko (2009). “Who is the true bearer? The visible and hidden private cost of senior secondary education and equity in Ghana.” Africa Today, Vol. 55, No. 3. pp. 63-82. Indiana University Press.
- Yamada, Shoko (2008). “Educational Borrowing as Negotiation: Reexamining the influence of American black industrial education model on British colonial education in Africa.” Comparative Education Vol.44, No 1, pp. 21-37. Taylor and Francis.
- Yamada, Shoko (2007). “Making Sense of the EFA from a National Context – Its Implementation, And Impact on Households In Ethiopia –” in Baker, David P. and Alexander W. Wiseman (Eds), Education for All: Global promises, national challenges. pp. 453-491. Elsevier Science Ltd.